One family's journey to hear God's calling, overcome our fears, and be obedient to Him!

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Christmas Wish

Well, I know what I need for Christmas. Wait, I don't really need anything. Actually, I have more than I could ever possibly need. All I really need is to be thankful for what I have.

I have a wonderful family. I can't imagine anyone being surrounded by a better family. The Walton’s have nothing on us. I have the most beautiful and caring wife any man could ever want. I have four children, and a soon to be son-in-law, that are all truly unique gifts from God. They are the joy of my life on this earth. I have supportive parents that have taught me the meaning of unconditional love. I have four awesome siblings, with loving spouses. I have nine perfectly huggable nieces and nephews. I have a wonderful Church home that continually equips my family with the tools we need to grow spiritually. I have a comfortable home with more than enough food, water and clothing. I have a job that I look forward to every day, and I truly love the people I work with. What more could anyone expect?

Yet I, we, take so many things for granted every day. We have easy access to health care. God please humble me so that I never complain for having to wait an hour to see a doctor that will cure my child. I have seen people that have lived for years with routine infections because they don’t have access to a doctor or antibiotics. We have clean water to drink. Not only that, we have water at the touch of a button, right on the front of a refrigerator full of fresh food, while people die every day because they don’t have access to clean water. We have cabinets stocked full of food. I have a grocery store right around the corner, with aisle after aisle of food, while people are starving all over this tiny planet. God please humble me so that I, nor anyone else in my family ever again says “there is nothing to eat in this house.” We have carpet under our feet, in our humble 2,300 square foot home with heat and air condition, while just a four hour flight away there are many thousands of people that live in tents.

So, what do I need for Christmas? I don't need anything. Sure, I have wants. I want Jesula and Redjina here more than anything I have ever wanted in my life. But, no matter how much I want them here, or how little I sleep I get thinking about them, that will happen in God's time, as He has planned.

My wish for Christmas is to be thankful for all the blessings that God has provided, and to share God’s blessings with those in need.

God will bless you with riches in every way. Being thankful you should always give freely. And through your generosity many people will praise God. 2 Corinthians 9:11

No comments:

Post a Comment