One family's journey to hear God's calling, overcome our fears, and be obedient to Him!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Haiti Trip Cancelled due to Post Election Riots

Tomorrow morning my daughter and I were scheduled to fly to Haiti. We were travelling as part of a mission team from White Stone Church. The team planned to stay at the orphanage in Camatin, and serve the needs of the people in the Camatin, Beloc, and Coq Chante mountain communities. We also would be spending the week with our sweet Jesula.

We received word yesterday that it was simply not safe to come due to political unrest and rioting following last Friday's Presidential Election in Haiti. The trip is being rescheduled in a few weeks when things have settled down.

I know God is in control here. I have a feeling that He has delayed this trip so that He can do something amazing. I can't wait to see what He has planned!

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment