One family's journey to hear God's calling, overcome our fears, and be obedient to Him!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Together forever, never apart, maybe in distance, but never at heart.

Well, while Shawna and I were serving the homeless Under the Bridge last night I received a text message that said: "Jesula fell at the orphanage, she is apparently okay, but she broke one of her front teeth". A thousand things run through your mind at that moment. Of course we were very worried, and frustrated because we had no way to know what had happened or to provide her comfort.

Later in the evening I finally reached the orphanage director, Magdala, via phone. Magdala speaks very limited English as does Jesula. My Creole is slowly improving and I can ask her how she is doing, if she is happy, and tell her we miss her and love her! But, I wasn't able discuss the fall or her tooth. I did have a short but sweet conversation with Jesula though. She was so excited to talk to us and we were showered with the usual "I love you Popi" and "I love you Mommy". As for the tooth, nothing can be done until we can get her here and get her to a dentist!

This waiting and distance thing is tough. Actually, it's worse than tough. Ashley and I will be traveling to the orphanage soon to spend five days with her and I can't wait!!!

Photobucket

Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

2 comments:

  1. Stacy & I are praying for your sweet Jesula! I bet that she and Onise are taking care of each other. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving guys! Keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete