Presidential Dispensation is a big step, perhaps the biggest step in the process. The office of the President of Haiti must sign a waiver approving our adoption and allowing it to be finalized.
We have received Presidential Dispensation.
Praise God, Praise God, Praise God!!!
Thank you to all of you that have prayed specifically for this day.
We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Our file now moves to the next steps:
* Parquet - court approvals (this is where the girls become legally ours in Haiti)
* Application for the girls Haitian Passports - starts at Ministry of Interior (MOI)
* Final file submission, review and approval by the US Embassy
* Visa application filed - schedule appointment in Haiti to receive travel visas
* Time to bring the girls home
It has been a long 18 months. But during that time, God has grown and blessed our family in more ways than I could have ever imagined. I believe that His perfect timing is drawing close and that one day soon I'll step off a plane in America with my girls.
I ask for your continued prayers. Pray that that our file moves into and through Parquet and Passports very quickly. Pray that we don't experience any delays, that the adoption process is completed, and that our girls come home so fast that only God can get the Glory!
1 Chronicles 16:8